Our client is a national commercial bank with deep industry relationships, underwriting experience and market expertise that originates, underwrites, and manages senior secured real estate loans. Transactions are focused on experienced and well-capitalized sponsors with a geographic focus on properties in the northeast, west coast, and other major markets with strong fundamentals. The team provides bridge/reposition and construction financing for single properties, property portfolios, and loan portfolios. Properties include multi-tenant office, multi-family rental, industrial, self-storage, and more. Their professionalism, long-term client relationships, and successful track record help them succeed in all areas of business.
- Underwrite commercial real estate loans including bridge, transitional and construction for multi- family, office, retail, industrial, and hotel properties.
- Complete credit approval memos and submit for approval.
- Participate in Credit meetings.
- Participate and manage the transaction process including review of property due diligence and closing process.
- Review applications, prescreen memos and final credit memos.
- Ability to manage relationships and assist with negotiations/communications with multiple parties during the transaction cycle, including originators, management, credit risk and attorneys.
- Communicate with brokers, agents, and principals to complete strategic research projects and analysis to validate underwriting assumptions.
- Assist in the negotiation of legal documentation.
- Participate in the management of loans post origination, including risk ratings and classification.
- Work closely with the head of underwriting, originators, closers, and legal team.
- Monitor performance on an existing portfolio of loans.
- Bachelor’s degree, background in Business, Finance, Real Estate.
- 5 plus years of underwriting or credit analysis.
- Ability to evaluate diverse transactions including bridge, repositioning, transitional and construction loans.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to prepare credit memo and presentation to credit committee.
- Self-motivated, hands-on, proactive style.
- Strong time management skills and highly organized diligent and detail-oriented.
- Work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.