Vice President, Operations (Bilingual)
Dallas, TX (preferred) or Miami, FL
Our client is a real estate investment firm engaged in the acquisition, ownership, management, and disposition of conventional multifamily apartment properties targeting moderate-income households throughout the Southern United States, on behalf of institutional and private investors. Since 2011, the firm has acquired 39 multifamily residential properties in Florida and Texas containing over 9,390 apartment units. The firm’s current portfolio consists of 24 properties, with more than 6,400 apartment units.
The company culture is dynamic and fast-paced, with a focus on efficient teamwork and a long-term outlook. To achieve success, team members must embrace certain core principles and values: service, humility, integrity, loyalty, passion, professionalism, collaboration, teamwork, and a drive for achieving/exceeding results.
Our client is seeking a Vice President, Operations to deliver excellent customer service and increase profitability. The position will develop and execute business plans while working with the Regional Property Managers and other teams to achieve operational and financial goals. The ideal candidate is a strong leader with holistic strategic view, excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills to implement platform-wide initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving efficiency, resident satisfaction, and financial performance.
- Focus on delivering the Controllable Net Operating Income for the holding period of the asset.
- Lead by example of integrity, collaboration, honesty and hard work.
- Implement best in class policies and procedures.
- Innovate and find ways to leverage on technology to address, simplify or strengthen operations.
- Manage a team of property managers and other staff to ensure smooth operation of the properties.
- Monitor and analyze financial reports, budgets, and market trends to make informed decisions.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and company policies.
- Remain up to date with all regulatory changes that impact the conventional multifamily business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with residents, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Oversee maintenance, repairs, and upgrades to the properties.
- Hire, train and supervise operational team members.
- Identify and address operational challenges and implement solutions.
- Promote a positive company culture and foster teamwork among the staff.
- Mentor and develop team members to achieve their career goals.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in related field of study. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years conventional multifamily property management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual in English and Spanish) with the ability to effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize duties, manage time efficiently, and multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Real Page software applications.
- Ability to travel 30% to 40% of the time depending on location.