Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sierra Olney |firstname.lastname@example.org|617-247-0505
Our New York / San Francisco / Nashville based client is a leading investment manager specializing in private equity real estate investing throughout the U.S. The team has systematically developed and refined their unique and disciplined approach to investing across multiple asset classes, and geographies. Through their current platform and its predecessor entities, the team has acquired approximately 100 investments totaling in excess of $12 billion of gross cost since inception. Our client is growing and constantly evolving to ensure they remain well positioned to deliver high-quality solutions and exceptional performance to their partners.
The Vice President or Associate, Portfolio Management will work directly with the President and Head of Portfolio Management, senior executives, portfolio management team and finance team, on issues of key importance to the firm. Product lines include opportunistic equity, open-ended core plus, real estate debt and opportunity zones.
• Assist in overseeing and performing strategic portfolio management monitoring and creating internal updates (presentations, model updates, etc.) to help guide portfolio management decision making.
• Work with portfolio management and finance to understand all aspects of fund reporting including historical and current fund performance, detailed return breakdowns and performance attribution.
• Create unique and compelling analysis to inform portfolio management decisions and promote investor engagement.
• Assist in leading data infrastructure improvement efforts through onboarding of external systems and the expansion, maintenance and enhancement of in-place processes.
Investor Relations / Investor Reporting:
• Assist in drafting quarterly investor letters and further enhance internal and external reporting packages.
• Craft material for regularly occurring and ad-hoc investor meetings, client review meetings and advisory committee meetings with an emphasis on high quality and efficient communication of fund level and investment level performance.
• Assist in formulating the key messages to be conveyed to investors and other external constituents.
• Produce deliverables to respond to ongoing investor and consultant information requests.
• Update and enhance information on our client’s website and client portal.
• Create content for marketing collateral – presentation books, case studies, research papers, etc. - in connection with raising capital from prospective clients for new funds with a heavy emphasis on how to best position track record and key differentiators of the firm.
• Assist with drafting private placement memorandums for new fund offerings.
• Monitor competitive landscape including fund offerings, performance, and investor activity.
• Help direct responses to RFPs and due diligence questionnaires from prospective clients and consultants.
• Seek innovative solutions to all aspects of portfolio management, investor reporting and capital raising.
• Work with third-party research providers to incorporate market research into presentations, strategy pieces and private placement memorandums.
• Assist in coordinating the firm’s ESG initiatives by refining and implementing the firm’s ESG policies and staying abreast of industry-wide trends.
• Bachelor’s degree with focus in Finance, Economics, or Business Administration.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in investment management industry; experience in real estate investment management and investor relations strongly preferred.
• Ability and desire to be a self-starter while also thriving in team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Deep understanding of fund performance metrics and industry standards.
• Fundamental understanding of what drives individual asset level investment performance.
• Candidates must have excellent analytical skills, be highly proficient in Excel modeling and interpreting performance data.
• Proficiency working in Windows environment (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint