Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume:
Sierra Olney | Sierra@kelleraugusta.com | 401.487.4898
Our client is one the most respected privately held real estate firms in the United States located just over an hour south of Boston. Founded in 1958, this second-generation real estate investment and management company has built a broad national platform that encompasses all sectors of real estate. Our client is a vertically integrated, diverse organization with multiple wholly owned, performance-driven operating companies delivering meaningful solutions to the unique demands of a complex industry. For over 50 years and through nearly 1,000 real estate transactions, our client has owned, developed, and managed hundreds of assets coast to coast, surpassing 60 million square feet of real estate with a historical portfolio valued in the billions.
Our client is seeking a Vice President, Real Estate Fund Accounting to oversee all partnership and fund reporting. Competitive candidates will demonstrate expertise with GAAP and REIT reporting along with Tax experience; this is a dynamic position that will touch all aspects of the firm’s financial health. This individual will function as a liaison and resource to Executive Management, JV Partners, and third-party vendors to include Audit, Tax and Legal. The Vice President, Real Estate Fund Accounting will articulate Company goals and demonstrate commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company, Investors, and its associates. This position will focus on accounting, cash management and financial reporting for a series of private, closed-end real estate investment funds. The candidate will have prior experience in fund level accounting and possess strong quantitative skills and preferably will have worked in an institutional real estate environment.
This position will work directly with the Company’s accounting and finance staff and respond to issues and needs including accounting, tax, capital expenditures, and asset management. The Vice President, Real Estate Fund Accounting will report to the Executive Vice President, Finance and initially will have two direct reports on the fund accounting team.
• Oversight/full entity reporting responsibilities for all of the company’s joint ventures.
• Development/maintenance of capital call and distribution waterfall calculations and oversight of issuance of all capital call and distribution notices to investors.
• Focal point of contact with external investors and in charge of investor reporting including updates and process improvements for XIRR reporting, cash on cash return reporting and other reporting metrics.
• Responsible for coordination of cash flow/distribution forecast monthly updates and leadership of monthly distribution meetings with key executives to make decisions on cash flow distributions from underlying assets.
• Responsible for dissemination of specialized tax estimates, member K-1’s on an annual basis to investors.
• Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, industry accounting standards, and all legal and government regulations including management agreements, investor agreements, loan documents, etc.
• Oversee the compilation and analyze various fund reports to provide accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
• Complete all required and requested fund reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by management, partners, and external vendors.
• Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
• Provide financial leadership to fund reporting team including analysis regarding performance, investments,
acquisitions, dispositions, and strategic plans ensuring achievement of operational goals and objectives.
• Oversee accounting aspects of real estate acquisitions/dispositions, working closely with appropriate corporate
personnel including Asset Management, Legal.
• Ensure regular, accurate and open communication with the Leadership, Executive Vice President and Chief
Financial Officer in all relevant matters.
• Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with clients, associates, and other
• Maintain effective two-way communication that crosses departmental lines and reaches all levels of associates.
• Approach all encounters and actions with investors, partners, and associates in a friendly, service-oriented
• Communicate all fund-level activities and reports with superiors and obtain appropriate consultation, guidance,
• B.A./B.S. in Finance/Accounting or closely related field; Preferred MBA, CPA or other advanced specialty
• At least twelve years combined experience in Public Accounting and Real Estate Private Equity of significant
size, caliber, Brand and quality.
• Recognition within the industry as a person with integrity and ethical grounding.
Skills and Abilities:
• Possess expert knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices along with the ability to compile
facts/figures and analyze information that involves data manipulation or interpretation to arrive at logical
• Ability to anticipate and identify issues and exercise initiative to investigate, interpret and weigh alternatives
to reach logical conclusions and make sound business decisions.
• Display consistent professional leadership while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities
• Remain positive, resourceful and possess the ability to improvise while working in a fast-paced environment,
sometimes under pressure.
• The ability to effectively and efficiently schedule, manage and delegate work.
• Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills with professionalism, diplomacy, and
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and applicable fund management/external reporting systems, with Yardi
software experience preferable.