Our client is a privately owned global real estate investment, development, and management firm with a presence in 225 cities and 25 countries with $144.1B of assets under management. The firm has 165 developments currently underway around the world and in its 60-year history has developed, redeveloped, or acquired over 1,400 properties, totaling over 472M square feet. The firm’s current property and asset management portfolio includes 576 properties, representing over 246M square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, coupled with a pioneering commitment to sustainability, this platform is one of the largest and most respected real estate organizations on a global scale.
Acting as a member of the Owner’s Construction Management team, manage activities associated with the construction of the South Station project, with primary focus on managing design, procurement and construction of amenity spaces, remaining core and shell components of the office and residential spaces including main lobbies and potential changes to a park landscape design, while adhering to the project schedule, budget, lender and ownership (including investor partner) requirements. Collaborate with, and possibly manage, other construction management team members.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Lead the design process working with a team of design consultants for amenity spaces to be bid and awarded.
- Lead the design process managing the existing team of design consultants for remaining areas of open design for the core and shell office components issuing Bulletins to the Construction Manager in a coordinated and comprehensive manner.
- Manage all aspects of Contractor’s responsibilities with respect to the interior construction trades of the amenity components of the project including flooring, millwork and stone/tile as a continuation of the design effort referenced above
- Develop and maintain familiarity with the construction contract and the project plans and specifications
- Manage the architectural and engineering services budget relating to the scope of the project described in the summary above, including all invoice review and approval procedures and changes to service contracts
- Collaborate with project team in preparation of Change Order Log and Anticipated Cost Report on a monthly basis
- Manage design team’s construction administration activities relating to the scope of the project described in the summary above
- Review and negotiate Contractor and Subcontractor pricing of change orders
- Manage design team, Contractor and Subcontractor with respect to submittals and shop drawings
- Monitor and review Contractor’s work as it relates to budget and schedule
- Assist in preparing regular construction updates for ownership, as directed by other project management team members
- Prepare and monitor construction budget updates, RFI reports, submittal reports, and change order reports
- Participate in management of Contractor’s monthly applications for payment process
- Assist with development and management of the Contractor’s punchlisting activities
- Control project documentation and historical data regarding construction
- Support efforts to assemble design teams and advance the planning and permitting for future phases of the South Station Project
Twenty or more years’ experience on large scale, urban, high-rise commercial and/or residential construction, either in the capacity of developer’s construction manager or architect responsible for managing a team of A&E consultants from concept to construction completion of Class A commercial interiors and/or luxury residential interiors.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in civil, architectural, or mechanical engineering; construction management; building construction; or architecture
- Demonstrate understanding and successful application of general construction terminology and processes
- Read and interpret construction related manuals, research/instructional reports, safety rules, and methods
- Proficiency navigating CADD, Primavera scheduling software, and Microsoft Project
- Read and interpret plans and specifications, and communicate findings with the project team
- Interpret the intent of contract documents, and assist with the resolution of disputes as needed
- Analyze and interpret various types of data in order to draw conclusions and solve problems
- Interact with employees, visitors and contractors with poise and diplomacy
- Maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies
- Compose business letters, expositions, summaries, and reports, using proper format, punctuation, grammar, diction and style
- Possess excellent communication skills and confidence speaking before an audience
- Demonstrate strong initiative
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working atmosphere with the project team
- Exchange ideas, information, and opinions with the project team in order to facilitate decisions, conclusions, or solutions
- Perform numerical and financial calculations including calculating surfaces, volumes, weights and measures
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office software