Our client is a local leader in the construction and investment development. The firm offers pre-construction, tenant improvements, construction management, design build, general contracting, investment development, consulting, and due diligence services.
The Vice President of Construction Operations will be responsible for oversight of all construction operations. This will include managing projects from initial planning and pre-construction to final issuance of close-out documents. The VP will ensure the optimization of all resources to further develop company growth, sub-contractor management, and process improvements while empowering, streamlining and improving the capabilities of our internal team. Most importantly, this VP will maintain and grow our existing client relationships.
Responsibilities and Duties
Field Operations and Project Management
- Responsible for project initiation; working with clients to define scope, create a budget and develop a schedule that meets the client’s objectives.
- Oversight of multiple construction projects and project teams.
- Identify potential challenges and provide solutions to project teams.
- Frequently attend project meetings to ensure we are exceeding the client’s expectations.
- Meet with business development team to help manage future work.
- Review all budgets and proposals prior to submission.
- Be available to all project staff to optimize project performance.
- Provide required coverage for Project Managers and Superintendents on their sites when project coverage is necessary.
- Oversee billing for accuracy and consistency.
- Contribute and develop processes to improve project management best practices.
- Ensure that all clients and employees are given the resources needed to achieve successful project delivery.
- Oversee and direct project management and field personnel in proper planning, subcontractor selection and execution of the work.
- Have constant communication with clients to ensure complete satisfaction with the Company’s performance and grow lasting relationships.
Marketing and Business Development
- Assist the Marketing and Business Development professionals in identifying new business opportunities.
- Work with the marketing team to respond to RFP’s and to develop new marketing materials.
- Meet with current and prospective clients to increase potential opportunities.
- Attend commercial real estate industry events.
Human Resources and Staffing
- Assist in recruiting new employees.
- Participate in annual reviews of employees.
- Help in strategizing the company needs for growth.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years end-to-end project management experience and specialized knowledge from pre-construction and project scope development.
- Experience with life science/ laboratory projects and projects above $5 Million.
- Bachelor’s Required; Masters degree or PMP certification encouraged
- Proven ability to build quality relationships with clients, stakeholders, architects, engineers, sub-contractors, and team members
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing and interpreting complex construction management contracts
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with a professional, respectful, and positive presentation style