Our client is seeking a Chief Building Engineer to supervise, lead, and support the operation, inspection, and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems in a large first-class office facility located in downtown Washington, DC.
Our clients building total 300,000+ SF with all new equipment: 500-ton Central Plant and DOAS equipment; Cooling Tower, Crac Units and Programmable BMS. Engineer's duties will include, but are not limited to, the operation, installation, repair, maintenance, and improvement of all building structures and equipment including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety. This position reports directly to the Senior Property Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to, the operation, installation, repair, maintenance, and improvement of all building structures and equipment including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety. This position reports directly to the Senior Property Manager.
- Ensures that work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Supervise and implement the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance, and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Provide training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands-on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment, and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Comply with all governmental (Federal and District) departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Plan and manage the maintenance operating budget, allowing for appropriate control over, and utilization of institutional resources.
- Recommend and provide estimates for repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies. Performs additional duties as requested.
- Manage Service Contracts.
- Work directly with Developers and Contractors coordinating operations and construction projects. Work with Contractors ensuring mechanical equipment installation is properly turned over to the Building Management.
- Manage and monitor Energy Management Systems to monitor and control building energy consumption.
- Supervise the performance of tenant service calls and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Oversee the 24/7 emergency on-call program. Collaborate with management staff on implementation of all duties.
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and pass MVR check.
- Special knowledge and skills and experience with Energy Management, HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems and the operation of those systems.
- Completion of applicable technical training programs is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
- At least two years in a lead or supervisory role.
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft, possess mechanical and electrical aptitude, and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, DC Engineering License, and Energy Star Certification.
- Ability to comply with Owner’s Policies & Procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated and can work independently or on a team.
- Able and willing to work some nights and weekends as necessary.
- Necessary authorizations to work in the United States of America.