Our client manages approximately $70 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. The portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multi-family residential and spans more than 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, the organization invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. Its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns the firm’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates.
The company is currently seeking a highly motivated individual, with a passion for real estate development, to join the Development team as a Development Associate. Located in Boston, the position supports development efforts encompassing over $3 billion in projects anticipated in its pipeline.
The Associate will be a key member of an engaged and dynamic team - part of culture of delivering innovation and excellence to customers, partners, communities and each other. Where every team member is empowered to do their best work. Where opportunities for your growth and development are our focus.
The Development Associate is a hands-on, curious, team-oriented, real estate professional who has an understanding of the full range of commercial office, mixed-use and/or multi-family activities.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- Working within a team to realize the development vision established for various projects, supporting projects in a broad range of activities from internal communication to fulfilment of project execution;
- Coordination with external parties including consultants, civic and governmental authorities and public stakeholders;
- Establish and manage consultant contracts, scope and budgets;
- Providing analytical support to Development, Construction and Investment leads for reporting of project budget and cost projections;
- Liaise with internal and external groups to gather supporting details and information for various development projects/opportunities;
- Researching and collecting market, financial and cost information to inform current and new opportunities;
- Underwriting real estate development opportunities and scenarios by assisting in the creation and management of pro-forma financial models for existing and/or future projects; across all product types (office, retail, industrial, and multi- family);
- Working with the Investment team to underwrite potential development related acquisitions.
- Insightfully discuss and interpret underwriting results and identify key development considerations and risks
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university minimum; MBA or Master’s Degree in related fields is a plus.
- Relevant experience or familiarity with the Boston market preferred;
- 2-5+ years of work experience in the real estate, engineering, private equity, investment banking or related industry;
- Financial and analytical acumen with Microsoft Excel;
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a high level of attention to detail.