Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume: Sierra Olney | Sierra@kelleraugusta.com | 401-487-4898 or Kaitlin Kincaid | Kaitlin@kelleraugusta.com | 617-413-1003
London, Amsterdam and/or Palm Beach
Our client is an international real estate private equity investment manager that is vertically integrated including investment/fund management, asset management, development management, property management and operations. The company’s off-market and nimble investment model is based on macro driven investment strategies and local knowledge, supported by core in-house capabilities which can be efficiently rolled out across multiple sectors and geographies. This allows the company to successfully enter frontier markets, exploiting first mover advantages.
With over 160 employees across 15 offices globally, our client is a leader in residential real estate in all its forms. Since the company’s inception in 2002, their team has acquired and repositioned over 135,000 residential units and student housing beds. Our client offers real estate exposure to institutional investors through commingled funds, separate accounts, and programmatic joint ventures/platform level investments. The company raises equity globally and the capital base includes some of the world’s most highly regarded private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, insurance companies and other institutions. Our client is active primarily in the “living” sector which encompasses residential real estate in all its forms – mainly multifamily and student, as well as serviced residential, condos, hostels, residential land.
The Head of Asset Management will help to oversee the diversification and future growth of the platforms. This individual must be a strategic and accomplished investor with exposure to institutional capital strategies. The successful candidate will collaborate with executive leadership to lead and expand the platform and will assist in the leadership of various strategic investments, capital raises, and development efforts. The Head of Asset Management will ultimately be responsible for creating and driving property/portfolio level business plans that maximize investment returns. This will include budget reviews and approvals, performance reporting, oversight of major capital renovations, evaluation of rent pricing strategies, and participation in acquisitions, dispositions, and property financings. This position will work collaboratively in a team environment with third parties and all facets of the Company including and up to senior members of the Acquisitions, Property Management, Development, Capital Markets, Fund Finance, and Legal. Tax teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Formulate and lead the overall strategy and direction for the value creation and risk mitigation of the firm’s Global investments.
• Provide guidance to investments team to direct sourcing focus and evaluate acquisition opportunities across equity strategies.
• Deliver portfolio updates and present investment opportunities to key investors and prospects. Maintain and grow investor and partner relationships.
• Lead portfolio and asset management decisions including dispositions, refinancings / recapitalizations, budget and business plan approvals, and capital expenditures.
• Ensure the firm is maintaining and furthering its edge as an equity investor through superior market and asset selection, vertical integration, use of technology and data.
• Provide ESG leadership internally and externally.
• Manage and execute various investment level objectives to include value creation and operations.
• Drive proper communication and coordination with third party vendors.
• Routinely update the Executive Team on status of projects and portfolio performance.
• Alert the investments team to potential issues as they arise (and work with that team to evaluate solutions).
• Provide leadership, management, and strategic direction to the growing Global team of asset management professionals across the Firm. Nurture, support and develop talent within the asset management team.
• Execute value-add objectives including major redevelopment/repositioning projects, property management goals, leasing, and reporting.
• Effective stakeholder management internally and externally including the Executive Team, investors and key partners.
• Collaborate with the Fund Finance team to ensure the accurate and successful production of financials, capital calls, and loan draws.
• Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Course study/curriculum focused in real estate, finance, economics, or business.
• 15 + years of real estate investments and/or portfolio and asset management experience required.
• Experience in oversight of a Global portfolio with extensive experience in covering North America and/or Europe.
• Successful track record of accomplishment and demonstrated experience with analyzing complex investment issues, developing, and executing investment strategies to achieve optimal results and effectively manage risk.
• Autonomous and independent, able to perform at a high level with minimal supervision.
• Ability to operate strategically and operationally.
• A successful candidate will be seeking an institutional yet entrepreneurial environment and will be successful in a fast-paced professional setting.
• Knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling and property-level financial statements.
• Strong analytical skills; numerate approach to investment analysis
• Possesses strong organizational and project management skills and can multi-task and deliver on various goals.
• Strong research, interpretation, and quantitative skills.
• Detail orientation with excellent written and oral communication skills.