Interested and qualified candidates, please submit your resume to:
Sara Marsh | firstname.lastname@example.org | 617.804.0463
Our client is a privately held real estate investment and asset management firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. The firm owns and manages office, retail, and hospitality assets in key locations throughout the New England area. Our client has their own property management division providing full-service property management with a focus on enhanced customer service. The property management team is a group of driven, hands-on, and customer-oriented professionals with extensive property management experience and real estate expertise.
Our client is looking for a Senior Property Manager to join their team to manage and oversee several Class A commercial properties in the greater Boston area/New England area. This person will assist the company and property management team with various real estate management tasks.
• Supervise daily property management operations including maintenance of properties, management of employees and outside vendors, and tenant relations.
• Schedule, supervise and direct daily activities of on-site employees, including but not limited to building engineers, concierge, and accounting staff.
• Develop and maintain day to day relations with tenant contacts.
• Ensure tenants’ needs are met by responding to work orders and coordinate assignments among the engineering team.
• Maintain building systems by contracting and negotiating maintenance services and supervise as necessary.
• Maintain properties by enforcing rules of occupancy and communicate property policies and procedures for tenants.
• Act as first responder to all maintenance issues, tenant issues, and emergency calls at all properties.
• Supervise construction by contracting and negotiating costs for tenant buildouts and improvements.
• Secure properties by contracting with outside security services; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
• Regularly conduct property inspections and take necessary steps to ensure that all areas are maintained at a professional level and are tour-ready.
• Manage tenant retention rates by advertising and successfully filling building vacancies, including handling of reservations and guest relations for vacation rental properties.
• Maintain lease administration responsibilities including, but not limited to, abstracting new leases, updating rent rolls, and reviewing lease language to settle tenant disputes.
• Build and monitor budget for applicable properties while overseeing related cost control efforts.
• Provide financial oversight of property accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and monthly profit & loss statements.
• Mobility is required; weekly travel to and from properties is extremely important.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in a commercial property management environment; preferably in a Senior Property Manager or equivalent.
• CPM or RPA certification preferred, but not required.
• Organizational skills and extreme attention to detail a must.
• Ability to multi-task across multiple properties within a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
• Must exhibit a professional image along with strong interpersonal communication skills. Interaction with tenants, outside vendors and management required daily.
• Familiarity with Building Engines software preferred.
• Proficient in industry related software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Building Engines and MRI/Kardin/Yardi or similar a plus.